Guide Training-Belay & Rock Climbing
This is our summer training that you will not want to miss–nice, warm days out at the ledges can do a body good! We will be focusing on teaching belay and climbing technique, anchors and rappel set-ups that will take your personal skills up a notch and into thinking like a guide. We’ll have plenty of time to practice rope systems and critique each other to ensure we are Solid, Equalized, Redundant, Efficient guides with No Extension (if you don’t follow that last sentence, you will after this training…)
- Register below so we can plan on your attendance
- Taught by AMGA certified guides, this course will max out at 1:5 ratio so you can have quality instruction from your guide.
- (More details to come–time/meals and total $$$)
- Make sure your WAIVER’s are up to date annually–click appropriate links:
- Wear appropriate layers so you can cool off and shed rain if the weather is not favorable.
- Wear your climbing pack if you have one, bring your climbing gear list:
- Prussik cord (10ft of 5mm cord)
- Credit card (20ft of 6mm cord)
- Autoblock (5ft of 5mm cord)
- Trango Aries, ATC Guide, or Petzl Reverso (plaquette mode option)/Locking Pear Carabiner
- 7 Locking Carabiners
- Climbing shoes
- Optional Gear List:
- Gri Gri/ Locking Carabiner
- Trad rack
- Additional slings (24″/48″)
- Additional carabiners
- Mark all your gear with nail polish or tape–yellow, green/white, maroon are taken 🙂
- Bring your notebook and favorite trail snack!
***If you have been hanging out with someone who has been sick with the Flu, Covid or any other unpleasant infectious illness in the last couple weeks please refrain from attending to help protect Project Forty and the families we serve… thank you!
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!